Cast ceramics: the raw materials alumina Al₂O₃, ZrO₂ and SiC are fused in a furnace and cast in moulds. This production process makes it possible to cast complex parts.
- perfect impact resistance
- thermal shock resistance
- abrasive wear resistance
- during the casting, metallic inserts can be placed
- adapted to frictional wear
Cast basalt is a mineral product with high hardness.
The volcanic rock is milled and fused in a furnace at 1280°C and cast in moulds.
The surface is very smooth, so the product is well adapted for frictional wear.
Visuals cast basalt
Properties and advantages:
- high hardness and wear resistance
- chemically by inert
- no water absorption
- very good resistance to sliding wear
|specific weight kg/m³||2900|
|compressive strength MPa||450|
|coefficient of thermal expansion W.m-1 .K-1||1.9|
- wear resistant linings in hydraulic transport of abrasive and erosive material
- tubes and bends in pneumatic conveying systems, reduction parts, T-pieces, Y-pieces, parts according to drawing
- lining of chutes, cyclones, chain conveyors, hoppers, mixers, …